Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A Tip on Blessing Others



          Coexisting and Love

     Since I was young, I’ve always imagined the world as a simple place. For me, it was composed of normal people and simple rules. Learn to coexist.
     No. Life is about more than just coexisting.
    What is the greatest commandment? Love the Lord God with all your life, all your soul and all your strength. The second is this. Love your neighbor as yourself. Where in that line would you find God telling you to simply coexist?
     Why am I talking about this right now? Recently, I observed my surroundings. My college, my church, even my house, I studied the people carefully. Are we living with love for others or are we merely coexisting? We acknowledge that they’re there, but we don’t take the time to appreciate them. We see them, but we don’t really see them.
     Take my college for example. It’s small, less than a hundred students. We are close, the college has a very ‘family-like’ setting. But yet, there are still a lot of us who have never had a conversation with the other students from different batches. We know about each other, but we don’t know each other. Distinction. Same goes for the church. Our church is not even a mega-church, yet on Sundays, I realized that I don’t even talk to the other members, especially the new ones. And it’s worse than my experience in school, I don’t even know some people exist!
     It’s just starting to get to me that we are all in God’s family. My churchmates, schoolmates and batchmates, we are all supposed to be one. How can a body function when there is no communication?
      This week, I strive to change. I will appreciate others, and not just in my mind either. I will take the time to get to know them, have a conversation, and find a way to bless them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment