Saturday, November 10, 2012

What do I stand for?


OKAY


A four letter word. Usually a reply to a question. How are you? Do you want some more? Do you need me to come over? How are your grades?
I am an indecisive person. I'm also quite complacent which makes me answer "okay" a lot.
"Andrea, do you want some more rice?"
"Okay."
I know it infuriates quite a number of people. "Do you want it or not?" they'll say. Then, I'll go, "Sure."

I think I have to stop being complacent. In the song "Some Nights" by Fun., there's this line that goes, "What do I stand for?" Then I wonder. What do I stand for? Justice. Truth. Liberty? I'm no Superman.
I'm gonna start thinking about what I really stand for. This year is almost coming to an end and I want to actually be making a change in my life. Change for the better that is. After all, one of my favorite quotes go, "Things are changing and we are changing with them." But I wonder, am I really changing? Or am I merely going with the flow, and not actually taking a stand?
I used to stand for feminism. I wanted women to stand up for themselves, to be strong and independent, to not be weaklings and push-overs. I wanted women to be confident. However, I sometimes wonder if that's really what I want to stand for. The Bible tells women to submit to their husbands. Women weren't created to be leaders of the family. So I might have to rethink everything again.
Like I've said before, I'm in that period of my life where what I do determines who I become in the future. So I really do have to start figuring my crap out.

No comments:

Post a Comment